Monday, February 9, 2009

BLOG STORIES

As you may have noticed, I don’t blog with any real regularity. I am not good at coming up with fun stuff to wax philosophic or even wittily about, except as part of a conversation. I am a person that thrives in a lively debate or making snarky comments about inconsequential parts of life with friends or family to bounce against or sometimes to cross swords in a lively fencing of words and humor. I don’t claim to be the smartest wit, but I come close to the smartest ass in the group.

Witty repartee in the context of a story or characters ranting, well that’s another thing completely. I can character rant and snort with the best of them. I have been told that I am easily amused, and there are times it is undoubtedly true. I love the absurd, unless it brings someone to my emergency room. Okay, even then…like the kid who swallowed three quarters, cause he didn’t have pockets. Heck, we were pulling vibrators out of butts, long before ER or Grey’s Anatomy made us laugh over it. Of course, they weren’t as small as they are now. Or the old gentleman who put his hearing aid batteries in his ears instead of the hearing aid. I thought we were a society where bigger is better, right? No, now we are the sleek and skinny world of Apple and unhealthy thin super models. ( I love apple products, so keep me in mind when you start to give out IPODS or I- anything.  )

I like to create characters that can appreciate the absurd as equally as they do ordinary beauties. The man who likes a crooked smile or mascara that runs. He’s the one whose lips quirk listening into other conversations at a café. Or she keeps spraining her ankles wearing heels.

You see, that is not what the good bloggers do. Very few of them tell character driven or action adventure or even paranormal suspense stories on a daily or even weekly basis. They review life, books or music from their own perspective, even if it is under the name anonymous, it is still from their own point of view.

My point? I am not a consistent blogger. I’ll just call them updates and while I catch up on my story telling in a novel way… (Couldn’t resist)… There may be weeks in between.

Rhianna Samuels

4 comments:

LVLM(Leah) said...

You changed your background. Yeah...:D That orange was hurting my eyes.

The man who likes a crooked smile or mascara that runs. He’s the one whose lips quirk listening into other conversations at a café. Or she keeps spraining her ankles wearing heels.

I love these kinds of quirky characters. They are far and few between though.

My point?

The name of your blog perfectly fits you. :P

As you may have noticed, I don’t blog with any real regularity...There may be weeks in between.

I'll follow you, you're the leader. :D

Rhianna Samuels said...

I do ramble. I have to remember the point of what I started out to say. You probably noticed that I like to use the MY POINT line. It's the summation of all the meandering that happens when I blog.

Great to hear from you!

Rhianna

kathyk said...

Rhianna, I stopped by here once before but had to run... and Hey! I'm finally back.

I love the rambling blogs... the organized, always constant blogger brings out the guilt in me... and Oh, I can do guilt with the best of 'em.

I like to create characters that can appreciate the absurd as equally as they do ordinary beauties.

Frankly I can identify with characters like that very easily... never really thought about it, but I'm very much the same way. So Thank you!

And your blog ~ and I'm terrible at being consistent myself (notice the length of time it took me to reply *sigh*) ~ is a fun place to go. I enjoy the heck out of reading what you post and wondering just what gem you'll come up with next.
Works for me in a most excellent way.

Rhianna Samuels said...

Hi Kathy,

I did blog at Shades of Suspense. I have a lot on my brain lately. I am trying hard to finish up a book before RT in April. Writing long hand first is a slow way of doing things, but my pen seems to flow better than my finger tips.

I hope you and yours are doing great. I hope to blog this weekend a little.

Rhianna