Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Last Ten Days

Whew! Long, action packed week. It began with a rather impressive disaster drill. I’m on the disaster committee, which includes those of us who are part of the..What if the worst possible thing were to happen club. In this case it was an earthquake and we had 80 excited volunteers. All, but one of them, were mualaged to within an inch of their lives, some further-the dead ones.
We decided to work in a factory line way. I was assigned blood. Pretty much everyone got blood on them. There were the amputations and fractures line, the laceration line, the deathly pale line, dirt line and blood line. I always get the most fun things to do. (Mauahahaha!)


The day job took up most of my energy. Not only the disaster drill, but the folks that complete accreditation for the hospital also chose that same week to come and purview the premises. That was fun - *not*, though it appears it went well for my department. They were impressed by the disaster drill though.


As part of my other job… is it a job or still a wish? As for the writer portion of my brain, I volunteered to judge for the Eppies. I was impressed by the quality of the material I was sent. I finished up all but one by Sunday night and the last today. I have become a new fan of one particular author, which is good, but bad for my time, because I will need to read all the other books in the backlist now.


Did I tell you I had to reformat my computer a couple of weeks ago. Nasty virus and it killed me to have to do it. Now, I still can’t find my PDF creator to put back on and I never found my Dragon speaking, which I did use, a fair amount. I gave up and bought the newest version of Dragon Speaking and have decided I will put off the other for a time.


I’ve been watching the True Blood HBO series and would recommend it to anyone who loves vampires. I read all the books since the first one came out, so I’ve come to terms with how I saw it in my head while reading it and what Allan Ball is doing with the characters. The brother Jason is definitely more visible in this venue. And I do mean VISABLE, my my…sweet cheeks. Bill is much more than I remember from the books, though I will tell you now, that I fell in love with Eric the moment he appeared in the books. His sense of humor and honest way of saying exactly what he wants, always cracks me up. Of course after book four, I am totally for him as Sookie’s one and only. I choose to ignore all the other males that crowd her space. I think I scared off Charlaine Harris, the writer of the books, at the RT convention several years ago. I kept appearing up every time she turned around. I would stalk her if she’d move here to southern Indiana.


You all have a lovely week and I’ll be blogging again soon.


Tell me about your week.


Rhianna

12 comments:

kathyk said...

Whew! I'm ready to head back to bed just after reading about your week! LOL

I guess for me the week started last Friday ~ the first day of the long weekend. We had company over for dinner ~ and I gotta admit having company over for a full meal is hard work for me. I'm finding that more and more I'm becoming hermit-like... *sigh*
But all went well, even though I babysat 'til 4:30 and our company ~ my husband's sister and her recent fiancé and dh's cousin & his wife ~ was due at 5:30.... Stress much? but I survived by concentrating on one thing at a time. And I do mean one thing at a time... (gotta figure out what's going on with all that.)
Saturday was nice ~ really, really lazy day and Sunday we went over to dh's cousin's home for dinner (same couple we'd had for dinner on Friday)... but Rita had made a Thanksgiving dinner for 23! GAH! I'da given up the ghost if that'd been me!
Really nice evening ~ and then Monday we had our Thanksgiving dinner, complete with turkey, stuffing and the whole nine yards. My daughter's boyfriend's family had TG dinner on Sunday so we moved ours to Monday... that way Meagan and Tim and two real big turkey dinners... although one was done with a Filipino flair! (uh, not mine.... 'cause that means a LOT of people again!)
Tuesday I was back to babysitting, yesterday I was somewhat down 'cause it my oldest daughter's 23rd birthday and she's way far away in Cairo... and it's been well over a year since we've seen her... and it'll be a few more months yet. *sigh* And today and tomorrow I'm back to babysitting. Gotta say that I love the two little ones ~ Tristan (3 1/2) and his sister Charlie (coming up to 2) ~ but it's been many, many years since I was a young mom!

So that's my week ~ I have to say Rhianna, yours sounds MUCH more grown-up. LOL

Kathy

Rhianna Samuels said...

Your week sounded just as stressful as mine.

Hey, I never gave you thanks on your Thanksgiving day for being so much fun and always being encouraging to this struggling writer. So thanks much, getting the occassion Good Job from a reader lights up my day, so it's always appreciated.

Rhianna

LVLM(Leah) said...

I have become a new fan of one particular author, which is good,

Can you spill? Or is it against the rules?

Did I tell you I had to reformat my computer a couple of weeks ago.

Oh that totally sucks. I’ve had to do that a few times, which is why I have two external hard drives. I’m totally paranoid now.

Do you use Dragon for getting your writing into the computer? I used it when I was going to school and taped lectures to get the lectures stored on my computer but never used it for translating voice to word. I can imagine what a PITA it is to type in all that you’ve written in they way people used to write way back in the 20th century. Paper and pen? What are these things? : P

so I’ve come to terms with how I saw it in my head while reading it and what Allan Ball is doing with the characters.

Well since my first exposure was through Allan Ball’s filter, I don’t have anything to compare it too except for the audio, which I’m listening to and am totally loving. I absolutely loved Six Feet Under. Maybe the second show and on was much better? I'm hearing such good things.

I think I scared off Charlaine Harris, the writer of the books, at the RT convention several years ago. I kept appearing up every time she turned around.

Heh, wait until I show up at an event you’re at. You won’t be able to go to the bathroom even. Muwahaha!

And don’t even think about showing up in the Pacific Northwest.

I keed, I keed, don’t worry, I’ll let you go to the bathroom in peace. I’ll be hiding behind the ficus just outside the door though. Just call me "Madame Butterfly Clousau" : D

Don't you feel so happy you are far, far away from me. LOLOL

My week…meh.

LVLM(Leah) said...

Kathy-- your story has me totally dreading our Thanksgiving. You survived though! :D

It's always fun getting to be with family. If it's the part of the family you like. :-O

Rhianna Samuels said...

I have become a new fan of one particular author, which is good,

Can you spill? Or is it against the rules?

Oh, I can’t even mention who I judged and now that I have mentioned that it was one of them, I will keep my mouth shut for now.


Do you use Dragon for getting your writing into the computer?
I write my stories with paper and pen, so when I finally start typing, it’s many pages at a time. Unless, I’m using character names that are too odd, I use Dragon because I can get many pages in a sitting, whereas my typing required a lot of interventional corrections. So, yes, I do use it a lot.


Well since my first exposure (True Blood), was through Allan Ball’s filter, I don’t have anything to compare it too except for the audio, which I’m listening to and am totally loving.

I was a fan of Six Feet Under, so I have trust in Alan Ball that he will stay true to the mythology of the books. But, my first love is to the books.

Heh, wait until I show up at an event you’re at. You won’t be able to go to the bathroom even. Muwahaha!

That sounds like fun…for you. Stalking is always the fun side of that scenario. Though it would be more fun if Charlaine is there and we both stalk her, tag team. Then we could drink fruity frozen drinks and tell raunchy stories.

Don't you feel so happy you are far, far away from me. LOLOL
I love the pacific northwest and wish I had the money to visit there for some fun conference.

Rhianna

kathyk said...

Rhianna, thank you very much. I gotta tell you that it's still a thrill for me to have conversations (of one sort or another) with a PUBLISHED AUTHOR! And I can hardly wait 'til I get your book in my hands... I'm going to have to sit down and read it all over again.

kathyk said...

Leah, yep I survived another one! LOL
And all the best to you ~ you've got another month and a bit (right?) to go... so glad our Thanksgiving is O-V-E-R.... That just leaves Christmas... but that's a whole 'nother story.

And I'm very lucky that my and my dh's family are all pretty get-along-with-able. Hey, another thing to add to the thanks giving occasion, eh? *grin*

Rhianna Samuels said...

Oh Kathy, hang on a bit, I want to send you and my other Rabid fan, (MB) a signed copy. You better send my your address again through my email, cause I am one of those thousand bits of paper people.

Rhianna

LVLM(Leah) said...

Oh, so now I'm a rabid stalker?

You know me so well! And here I thought I was being very subtle. ;-)

Rhianna Samuels said...

You might scare me if you didn't live on the other side of the rockies. (Nah nah na nay nay!) *tonge sticking out to taunt*

Seriously, you da bomb!

rhianna

kathyk said...

Rabid stalker, eh? Good thing I'm just an ordinary, everyday SAHM... with not much of a life!
No stalkers here! LOL

But Yeah, I can see sneaking peeks at you from behind pillars, etc... too shy to come out and say "hi"... or maybe not. *grin*

LVLM(Leah) said...

You might scare me if you didn't live on the other side of the rockies. (Nah nah na nay nay!) *tonge sticking out to taunt*

Heh. I'm all bravado yakkity yak on the net, but in truth, I could move in right next door to you and you wouldn't even know I even existed. In fact, I could be in the same house and float by you completely unnoticed, never saying boo to you.

I really am a boring old anti social hermit, through and through. *sigh*

But I'll take the rabid stalker rep, it's much more fun and exciting! LOL