Monday, July 4, 2011

The Replacement Lists



It's out on Amazon! The sequel to Shaking Off the Dust is called The Replacement Lists and it's got a different point of view than the first. I think it allowed me to tell a bigger story this way.

This story begins nearly eight months after the end of the first book. Takeshi and Hannah are getting ready for their babies to come any time when people that they know are suddenly being murdered in professional hits. When they finally put two and three together it equals the names from their wedding replacement lists. It also means going on the run and into hiding.

Along the way, all of those men and women involved in the original capture of the infamous terrorist and drug lord Sanchez are targets. Their friends are coming from all over the world to help Takeshi and Hannah survive, including a friend from Takeshi's childhood, Yanna. She's the daughter of a dojo master and a Japanese policewoman, but once she hears the concern in his voice, she flies to their side.

The graphic and violent murders of two of their friends turns Dr. Dwight Santiago in to the hard as nails ex Delta boy he was in the service. Doctor or not, he plans to see the the Shimodos safe and the assassins pay. You'll see a side of him that you never glimpsed in the first book.

I hope you all enjoy this new book.

Rhianna Samuels

4 comments:

LVLM(Leah) said...

Ooh, I'm going to get this one. It's been a while, but I remember that I loved Hannah and Takeshi as characters and wished I could read more of their story.

So glad you're writing again! :D

Jess McAlister said...

I just downloaded my copy onto my new kindle (I love telling everyone I have a new one, I resisted for so long, now I am addicted to it)

I absolutely adored SOTD so I am thrilled that there is a sequel.

It looks like you have self published through Amazon - which I think is great :)

I have thought about doing the same thing. I have one marketing suggestion though.

I suggest joining Goodreads and becoming an 'Official Author' and giving away a few copies.

Hundreds usually put their names down for the free books competition and it is great promotion.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12024166-the-replacement-lists

Its great to see you writing again and I hope you self publish more in the future.

Cheers.

quinny said...

The book was outstanding and your writing style keeps you on the edge of your seat. Bravo for a great continuing story. I hope you will continue with these characters in future books for this series.

Now the not so good. The editing was awful. Looks like a spell checker only and no proof reading at all. Punctuation problems, etc. The cabin they went to turned into a condo for awhile and back to a cabin. Past tense vs present tense mix ups, etc. Looks like the last chapter was a rush to be done with the book so was a bit disappointed as it wasn't as complete as the previous book.

But, I loved the story regardless of the editing problems and am a fan for life. Your writing talent is remarkable and will look forward to all your future books.

If you need a proof reader for editing let me know.

Quinn

Rhianna Samuels said...

Jess and Quinny,

Sorry for taking so long, but I respond to your comments in my latest blog.

Thanks for commenting.

Rhianna